Welcome to the Ingenuity Project
Our middle school program is a full-time citywide program offered to academically gifted city students at Roland Park Middle School #233, Mount Royal Middle School #66, Hamilton Middle School #236, and James McHenry Middle School #10. Ingenuity offers advanced mathematics and science classes during the school day.
Our high school program is a full-time citywide program offered to academically gifted students at the Baltimore Polytechnic Institute. Ingenuity high school students take advanced placement courses, work with scientist mentors to develop independent research projects, and submit their work to national competitions.
More information about our program can be found in our Ingenuity Middle and High School Program Brochure.
Since 1993 the Ingenuity Project has worked in collaboration with the Baltimore City Public School System to provide Baltimore’s brightest middle school students with a free, highly accelerated, and challenging mathematics and science curriculum.
The Ingenuity Project®, a non-profit organization, is a joint effort of the Baltimore City Public School System, the Abell Foundation and Baltimore’s science and mathematics community. Our mission is to prepare highly capable and motivated students in Baltimore City to achieve at nationally competitive levels in mathematics, science, technology, and related fields. Graduates of the Ingenuity Project are highly sought after by the most elite schools and colleges.
- No tuition for Baltimore City residents
- Fast-paced and intensive mathematics and science classes
- Classes with other, high ability students
- High standards for the learning environment and student performance
- Outstanding teachers providing challenging and dynamic course work
- Students learn strong work habits and study skills
- Extra support from Ingenuity staff
- Provide a learning environment capable of responding to the heterogeneous strengths of each class and individual